Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bad Ass Flowers

Below is an email I got this weekend from Wheeltags Triathlete Kelly Handel...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hey Matt,

I was being very mellow b/c I had a race this AM. It was the Austin Triathlon...1500 participants and they put up a $5k prize purse, which was cool. I was 2nd to a woman (good for $700) who did a 1:00 bike split! I did a 1:04 and that was GOOD for me...then I pulled off a 37:30 for the 10k run and put time on her but not enough; was all good, she was about 50 sec ahead @ the finish but she deserved it. Also TYR put up a swim prime bonus (first male/female) for $500 and I got that so all in all a hard race and good little pay day....

Also I did Chicago Triathlon last weekend in um well Chicago and got a lot of mentions on my wheels in the pro transition area...THEN today @ Austin Tri, one of Derick's athletes wives said "If I were to get a bike, I'd get it like hers...those are so cool!"

I cannot tell you the # of times I get people commenting on these things...
You all hit on something that triathletes are loving and can totally get into.

That is it for my rambling, I need a Labor Day Beer now.

Take care and see you soon,
Kelly


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Congratulations to Kelly and her continued success this season!




Kelly Handel rides the Wheeltags Pink Karmageddon. You can purchase your own set at http://www.wheeltags.com/store/Karmageddon-P44.aspx

No comments: